New Directions in Climate Change Policy and Analysis
The Sponsored Sessions in 2012 will focus on questions raised recent major changes in the policy landscape for addressing climate change. The structure of Sponsored Sessions will follow the traditional AERE workshop format. We are looking for both theoretical and applied economic research related to the broad topic of these New Directions in Climate Change Policy and Analysis. Issues could include but are not limited to:
- features of carbon pricing schemes highlighted by the 2009 climate legislation debate;
- domestic policy alternatives to legislated carbon pricing schemes;
- features of the Copenhagen-Cancun arrangements;
- implications for R&D, adaptation, and geo-engineering;
- lessons from existing and emerging climate policies in other countries.
The Sponsored Sessions will include 8 to 10 papers, with a discussant for each paper.